CV in progress:
May 18th, “Yellow Brick Road” presented at The Empty Space gallery, Bakersfield, CA. Co-curators: Jesus Fidel and Christina Sweet. I showed one piece in this Wizard of Oz themed group show: “Horse of a Different Color,” which sold.
March, 2013 “Art Imitates Art II” presented at The Foundry gallery, Bakersfield, CA. Curator: Self. This show consists of 35 pairs of artwork children/adults.
February 1, 2013 “Curiouser and Curiouser” presented at The Empty Space gallery, Bakersfield, CA. Curator: Jesus Fidel. This show consists of 9 acrylic paintings of my representation of characters from the Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland book by Lewis Carroll.
October 14, 2012 “Out of the Ashes” presented at The Empty Space gallery, Bakersfield, CA. Curators: Jesus Fidel and Susan Roussel. I showed three pieces in this all female group show: “Untitled” (nude pencil drawing), “She Grew Up Too Fast,” and Como Te Llama. http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/entertainment/community/x1526555206/Out-of-the-Ashes-show-celebrates-womens-achievements-in-art
October 5, 2012 through February 2013 “Hooves and Horns” presented by Metro Galleries at The Padre Hotel “Farmacy,” downtown Bakersfield, CA. Curator: Don Martin of Metro Galleries. This show displayed 8 acrylic paintings of abstract animals.
September 7, 2012 “Latination IV” presented by Metro Galleries, downtown Bakersfield, CA. I showed “RUN!,” which pre-sold and won 1ST PLACE out of 150 entries. http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/entertainment/community/x51736888/First-time-winners-take-top-spots-in-Latination
July, 2012 “The Fan Show” in Pomona, CA. I showed “Frida in Thought” during this month long show in a basement gallery called SCA Project Gallery.
June 16, 2012 “Other Side of the Rainbow” presented by The Empty Space gallery. Curator: Jesus Fidel. This solo show displayed 11 acrylic paintings of animals using every color of the rainbow in each piece.
September, 2011 “Latination III” presented by Metro Galleries, downtown Bakersfield, CA. I showed “Frida in Thought,” which won BEST NEW ARTIST.
Extra Curricular Activities:
- May 2013: Painted a 50 states USA map on the blacktop of Ronald Reagan Elementary School in Bakersfield, CA
- December 2012: My painting “Winter Time” was featured on the cover of Bakersfield Life Magazine.
- November 2012: Bakersfield City commissioned me to paint a traffic control box at the corner of 17th and L Streets, in downtown Bakersfield, CA.
- December 2012: Bakersfield Californian’s Breakout Artist of 2012. http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/entertainment/music/x2088954517/The-Californians-breakout-talents-of-2012?fb_action_ids=4472855012543&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%224472855012543%22%3A265548896904255%7D&action_type_map=%7B%224472855012543%22%3A%22og.recommends%22%7D&action_ref_map
- September, 2012 “Latination IV” presented by Metro Galleries, downtown Bakersfield, CA. won 1st Place.
- September, 2011 “Latination III”presented by Metro Galleries, downtown Bakersfield, CA. won Best New Artist.
- Hard Wired, one night solo show by Jessica McEuen. May 18th, 2013. 13 pieces of artwork made out of scrap metal and applied to canvas.
- Beyond Perception, month long solo show by David Cook. May, 2013. 31 pieces of artwork using mediums: gouache, watercolor, pencil, and acrylic.
- Superimpose, month long solo show by Jennifer Williams and Tim Chong using in camera double exposure photography. April, 2013.
- Art Imitates Art, II, month long group show at The Foundry.
- The Perceptual Focus, month long solo show by Leonid Koff
- Memories and New Beginnings, one night solo show by Jared Ormerod. Opening 1/25/2013. 20 works of art based on his life’s journey.
- It’s Not Easy Being Green, group art exhibit at The Foundy. Opening 1/4/2013. Over 30 pieces of artwork based on the color green.
- Whimsy and Wanting, artwork by Rusty Hatfield at The Foundry. Opening 12/6/2012. Watercolors and acrylic mediums
- Lively Little Things, artwork by Ashleymarie Sey Lively at The Foundry. Opening 11/2/2012. Watercolors and pencil mediums
- Two-Faced, artworks by Jessica McEuen and Jason Stewart at The Foundry. Watercolors and acrylic mediums
- Journey to the Ninth Continent, artwork by Susan Reep at The Foundry. Opening 9/7/2012. Collage and photography mediums
- Apple Core, artwork by Chad Dupraw at The Foundry. Opening 8/3/2012. Watercolor and pencil mediums
- Self Expression, artwork by Foundry member artists at The Foundry. Opening:
- Chicano: in the Last Days of the 5th Sun, artwork by Jorge Guillen at The Foundry. Acrylic medium
- Art Imitates Art I, artworks by children and Foundry members at The Foundry
- Til Dusk, artwork by Deon Bell at The Foundry. Mixed media
- Lost and Foundry, artworks by Foundry members at The Foundry. Opening 1/6/2012. http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/entertainment/art/x4969992/Lost-and-Foundry-must-see-of-First-Friday